Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4 - Linen Closet

I paid my daughter to organize this a few months ago but things don't last long around here with 7 kids digging around looking for the perfect towel or cute sheet set!

Before:
Look at all the towels on the floor. This would be because the kids can't pull a towel off the top of the pile they have to look for the "perfect" towel that is usually in the middle of the pile. And Whooo (adding emphasis) would ever think of picking up the towels that drop in the process.

I can't blame everything entirely on the kids. I really dislike putting away laundry. I usually assign a child to take the neatly folded and stacked towels, sheets, etc. and put them away. Since the linen closet is in the kid's bathroom I don't check very often.
Here are some interesting finds from the closet:
A "Zupe Dude" - my oldest (now 14) used to ask to go to Denny's a lot as a toddler because they had these toys. We've only lived in this house 5 years so I'm not sure how this made its way to the closet.
And not sure why this was hiding under the towels. His grades are pretty good. He can pull those B's up no problem.

Alright - here's the finished product.
Looks pretty good and hopefully the bins will help it stay that way. It will be perfect once I get my label maker (long story) up and running! Oh and I am putting away the swim towels and getting towels all the same color with the kids names embroidered on them. No more digging for towels!

1 comment:

Becca said...

This one is my favorite. I love the idea of everyone having their own towels, too - my kids each have a hook in the bathroom with their own towel on it - that way I know who to holler at if I find a towel on the floor. :)