Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A lot of emotions tonight...

I have been a bit of a cry baby tonight.  This fight against Common Core is taking over my life.  My husband is gone a lot with work right now and it is hard not to feel overwhelmed.  If you come by my house please just ignore the mess because there is too much to do to clean my house right now.

My goal for today was to finish my laundry but between writing blog posts, running kids around, talking to my representative, and meeting with people at our school there just isn't a lot of time.

Just when I think we've helped someone to see our concerns and open their eyes there is another mountain to climb.

Anyway, I'm not a confrontational person by nature so I have been worried that by making my voice heard I'm annoying people and that some of my dear friends are hiding me on Facebook.  Silly I know but I like people and I want them to like me back.  So when I got a text from my sister in law telling me she was proud of me it was like she turned on the faucet and my emotions started flowing.  Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for reading my posts and letting me share my concerns.  And thank you for all of you that have given me encouragement.  It is giving me the strength to keep up the good fight.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

and I most definitely couldn't do this without the help of my dear friend. Thank you!